We are an autonomous Luxembourgish applied research establishment. As an essential link between research and society as a whole, our mission is to sustainably reinforce the economic competitiveness of companies and the fabric of society at a national, regional and European level. We position ourselves as an RTO (Research & Technology Organisation) and since 2007 have been a member of the European Association of RTOs (EARTO – European Association of Research and Technology Organisations).
A large proportion of the funding for our activities is acquired through sustainable partnerships with private actors and public organisations. These resources are supplemented by a state budgetary allocation, which allows us to realise our activities independently. Our budget for 2012 amounts to almost 43 million Euros.
As of 1st January 2012, we have 469 employees of 36 different nationalities.
- To sustainably reinforce the capacity for innovation in businesses and public organisations
- To provide support in the definition, implementation and evaluation of national policies through innovation and research
- To contribute to the development and transfer of knowledge and to the international influence of Luxembourg’s scientific community through scientific excellence
Our fields of expertise
- Advanced materials technologies
- Environmental technologies
- Healthcare technologies
- Information and communication technologies (ICT)
- Business organisation and management
Industrial manufacturing, construction, eco-technologies, mobility, transport and logistics, healthcare, public services, finance and human capital.
In order to best meet the expectations of these markets and address the issues with which they are confronted, we have developed nine innovation programmes.