The ECOTECHNOLOGY innovation programme focuses on innovative technologies, wastewater treatment, renewable energies, optimised energy technologies, and innovative materials for environmental technologies.
The main challenges facing the market:
- European regulations demanding that countries reduce their CO2 emissions by 2020, one of which is the Environmental Technology Action Plan (ETAP) adopted in 2004, which establishes nine priorities including the strengthening of research in this field and the improvement of market conditions
- In its "Eco-technologies" action plan of 22 January 2009, Luxembourg committed to investing significantly in ecotechnology
- To encourage collaboration between the various players and to develop multidisciplinary approaches
- To support Luxembourg businesses active in the field of ecotechnology
- To identify, develop, test, and transfer innovative services and products
- To assist companies in adopting innovative environmental technologies
- To apply our scientific expertise to serve public and private players
- To become a recognised competence centre in the field of ecotechnology
The ECOTECHNOLOGY innovation programme mobilises key actors in the following areas:
- Innovative technologies for the treatment of wastewater
- Renewable energies and optimised energy technologies
- Innovative materials for environmental technologies
- Applied, experimental and doctoral research, primarily through competitive and contractual research projects
- Innovative products and services
- Scientific support for national policies
Discover the projects of the programme, its products&services and the types of collaboration!
To know more, you can download the dedicated flyer.