PhD Thesis subject: "Combining ion and laser-beam based mass spectrometries to develop molecular depth profiling methods"
Within our on-going research programmes:
- You actively collaborate with the group members of the “CRP Henri Tudor” and of the “Institut de la Matière Condensée et des Nanosciences (IMCN), Université catholique de Louvain”;
- You develop characterization methods to perform depth profiling with ion and electromagnetic beams, combined with mass spectrometry techniques;
- You access in-depth molecular information for the detection of higher m/z species;
- You determine the most appropriate incident beam (among ions or lasers) and the best parameters (wavelength, irradiance, pulse for laser or nature and dose of primary ions for ions beam) to be used for both etching and analysis steps, as a function of the considered sample (chemical nature, thickness, multi-layer);
- You publish articles in scientific reviews and contribute to conferences.
- You hold a master or civil engineer title in chemistry or physical chemistry;
- You are familiar with mass spectrometry and physical and laser chemistry;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- You work autonomously as well as within a team;
- You speak and write excellent English and French, the knowledge of German is considered an asset.
Please note that this position is dependent on FNR funding, and subject to the submission of a consequent funding proposal.