Within our on-going research programmes:
- You actively collaborate with the group members of the “CRP Henri Tudor”, of “Institut Charles Sadron (ICS)” and of the “Institut des Sciences de Matériaux de Mulhouse (ISMM)”;
- You elaborate plasma polymer coatings from acrylate, and characterize plasma polymer mechanical resistance and adherence on substrate by a multi-technique analysis in ICS;
- You develop new characterization strategies dedicated to plasma polymer thin-coatings;
- You improve mechanical properties of plasma polymers by choosing adapted strategies;
- You elaborate plasma polymer bilayer and evaluate the tribological properties of the final low friction coating;
- You publish articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals and contribute to conferences.
- You hold a PhD in polymer science or mechanics;
- You are familiar with surface mechanics and related characterization tools;
- Knowledge about surface treatments and plasma physics is considered an asset;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- You work autonomously as well as within a team;
- You speak and write excellent English and French, the knowledge of German is considered an asset.
Please note that this position is dependent on FNR funding, and subject to the submission of a consequent funding proposal.