The MOBILITY innovation programme focuses on information and communication technologies (ICTs) for sustainable mobility, as well as clean technologies specific to this sector. It is aimed at national players, whether public or private, and benefits the Centre's international scientific research and innovation networks.
The main challenges facing the market:
- The high cost of fuel;
- The environmental impact of traditional means of transport, and increasingly strict environmental regulations with regard to mobility;
- The increasing level of urbanisation, which is affecting traffic flow more and more in major cities, with increasingly spectacular traffic jams;
- A market rapidly evolving in terms of technological progress, and the resulting need for operators to adapt to these changes.
- To mobilise the complementary skills of all of the players within the field, in order to develop new mobility solutions;
- To develop innovative solutions for sustainable mobility, based on multimodal transport (multimodal routing research tools, the sharing of multimodal data, etc.);
- To encourage the introduction of innovative mobility solutions by offering scientific support to national and local players, by participating in clusters and undertaking awareness-raising activities, namely through the www.elektromobiliteit.lu platform;
- To become a competence centre for sustainable mobility on a national level and throughout the Greater Region.
The MOBILITY innovation programme mobilises key actors in the following areas:
- ICT for sustainable mobility
- Clean technologies for mobility
- Applied, experimental and doctoral research, primarily through competitive and contractual research projects
- Innovation products and services
- Scientific support for national policies
Discover the projects of the programme, its products&services and the types of collaboration!
To know more, you can download the dedicated flyer.